vfx production company with offices in both SF and LA.
Evolving from its earliest days at the end of the 20th Century as aa boutique effects house, The Orphange has grown to become a goto fx house for major studio franchises.
The Orphanage is organized into three branches:
- The Orphanage Commercial Productions
- The Orphanage Feature Visual Effects
- Orphanage Animation Studios
The Orphanage has grown to become a major comerical and features effects house, and as such offers a deep array of VFX services. Filmmakers who wish to inquire as to the usage of their services should contact The Orphanage through the proper channels, i.e. their representation.
- The Host (2006) (Korean title: Gwoemul)- Director Bong Joon-ho
- Sin City (2005)- Director Robert Rodriguez
Founded in 1999 by Industrial Light & Magic alumni, Stu Maschwitz, Jonathan Rothbart, and Scott Stewart.
The Orphanage is often recruiting for a number of positions that focus on the digital effects field.
Please note: to ensure the continued utility of the BAFR, please contact professionals through the proper channels and limit your usage of this information to serious inquires only.
- West Coast Representation
- Brent Novick
- Novick & Associates
- The Orphanage
- 39 Mesa Street, Suite 201
- San Francisco, CA 94129